Thursday, July 26, 2012

11 Reasons to LOVE Running

Since I'm cutting back on training this week, the best I can do is talk and think about running. Since I started this blog, I've written about all kinds of things but never really addressed why I run so much. Or at least why I love it so much. So here we go (in no particular order):
  1. I can do it whenever, wherever. No need for other people or gadgets to rely on.
  2. Running is how I define the words "freedom" and "inner peace". It's quality time - with myself (and my running shoes).
  3. My progress is in my hands and my hands alone. And progress isn't just measured in miles or speed. Sometimes, it's all about patience
  4. Running gets me to challenge my edge and discover that I can do more than I thought I was capable of. It makes me appreciate the human body.
  5. It's how I get my vitamin D...and extra calories to eat!  
  6. Running makes me smile, even laugh out loud. Especially when I get to jump in puddles and get dirty.
  7. I can wear crazy colors and silly outfits and not give a tootsie roll. On the flip side, I also get to wear super cute running outfits.
  8. As LMFAO so eloquently put it, "I'm sexy and I know it!"
  9. I have made amazing friends along the way.
  10. Running gives me a way to discover new places I wouldn't otherwise think of visiting. 
  11. Running makes me smarter, healthier, more creative, more patient and simply a better person. And it's all scientifically proven! 
And sometimes, I would rather just keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment